Shortages...

Any new kit information or scale model show coming up?
Adam Durrant
Senior Site Contributor.....

Shortages...

Post by Adam Durrant »

Is it just us in NZ or are people noticing shortages of hobby supplies?

Our LHSs have been out of Tamiya glues for about two months and Mr Color paints are running low. Andy, from Andy’s Hobby Headquarters, mentioned in his latest YouTube update that Tamiya has told stockists there will be a lag in supply of paint. I do note that my closest LHS just took a huge restock of Ammo products.

Even online distributors seem to have more stuff out of stock than in.

I’ve heard two theories, one is that the global lockdown is affecting manufacturing and the second is an upswing in modeling due to all the people stuck at home...
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Jan Persson

Re: Shortages...

Post by Jan Persson »

I don't know if this is the whole story, but we have a local company close to where I live that produces paint for warhammer especially, called The army painter. The started producing hand rubbing alcohol when stocks where running low here in Denmark, maybe others have done the same?

Olivier Carneau

Post by Olivier Carneau »

Tamiya products have been low these late months. Deliveries fomr Asia to Europe have been stopped or at least drastically reduced due to the COVID and it seems that things are getting better now.
However some Asian countries still limit shipping to Europe.

I also read that Tamiya extra thin glue could be hard to find because of health security issues. I can't remember where I read this.
Olivier
http://olivier.carneau.free.fr

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Anything from Asia to Europe is slow and from China after the current issues will be even harder to get.
I am getting into Hataka from Poland, they are really good and do singles to support their sets, which I have found to be really well behaved in my H&S AB
The Hataka thinner does seem hard to find though, but small mercies.
I have some Tamiya paint but have never used then yet.
I have had to claim refunds from 2 orders for figures from Japan in the past 8 weeks.
It will probably get worse before it gets better though.

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

One of the German shops had posted a message about Tamiya restructuring their distribution network. But to be honest I don't know if this affects Germany, Europe or the whole world.

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage