Ryefield & Tamiya Tiger I Dual.

The place to show your latest build taking place whether it be a blog or WIP.
Edmund Forsythe

Re: Ryefield & Tamiya Tiger I Dual.

Post by Edmund Forsythe »

Anybody know when the blowtorch made its appearance on the back of the tiger ? I believe it was termed engine heater ?

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

This should help you:
http://tiger1.info/EN/Engine-heater-port.html

The heater and port for it were introduced in February 1944, long after the earlies were finished.

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Shawn Ramsey
Senior Site Contributor.....
Senior Site Contributor.....

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Lots of road wheels for sure.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Edmund Forsythe

So it was February 1944 , makes sense the Russian winter of 1943 . Thank you sir !

Edmund Forsythe

Reminds me of my younger days when house gutter were made on site and not bought from the stores , those same heaters were used to heat up the soldering irons for doing the seams . And muriatic acid was used to clean the metal so the lead would ad hear , We could go back to the days of the charcoal braziers but bet you none of you even remember those !

Edmund Forsythe

I'm trying to figure a way to get an engine and the gas tanks and radiators in the engine compartment of this beast . I thought I could cannibalize those from a dragon tiger but the measurements are not the same . So I'm worried if I just get a resin set to do that , will it fit ? So for now I'm just going to have to drag my feet , that is until I get the other Ryefield tiger , the one with the interior to have something to work with .

Edmund Forsythe

Ran across this , now I'm wondering if it is accurate . Anybody got any inputs on this ? Is this correct for an early model of the tiger ? I'm comparing this to a later tiger by dragon . The radiator fans are at an angle , this one seems to be more horizontal ?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (22.72 KiB) Viewed 1643 times

Edmund Forsythe

The track hangers for the Tamiya came in . Also got a four latched stowage box for the Ryefield . A lot of clean up on the tracks . The tan colored parts are Tamiya , they just hang the tracks on the turret side . Could not hold the pieces to scratch build them . The stowage bin came in sturdy plastic bag , but that did not prevent the hooks on the hasp from breaking off . And they are a bear to glue back on . I still don't know what to about the engine compartment . Nothing on the radiator , fuel tank box above . Nothing in the pictures I've found .
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (98.71 KiB) Viewed 1603 times

Gary Boxall
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Gary Boxall »

Nice progress Edmund. Feel your pain with parts breaking off due to poor packaging :|

Gary
Hi. My name is Gary and I'm an ex-Shermaholic....

Edmund Forsythe

Tiger1.info addresses one of these splash shield . The top one , but does not mention a lower one . Now the dragon tigers have a top and bottom . Ryefield only gave one , the top one . It just makes sense that there will also be a lower splash shield so I used some leftover PE to duplicate them . The bottom one will be hidden anyway .
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (97.09 KiB) Viewed 1574 times