ModelCollect 1/72 E100 with V1 launcher

The place to show your latest build taking place whether it be a blog or WIP.
Adam Durrant
Senior Site Contributor.....

ModelCollect 1/72 E100 with V1 launcher

Post by Adam Durrant »

Was going cross-eyed doing all the fine chipping work on my GB submission so need a small project to take my mind off it. Chose a pretty dumb idea by doing this equally tiny kit from Modelcollect. I've been adding these to orders from HobbyEasy for a while to pad out the shipping, this will be the first go at building one.

This one is a "What If" kit, it uses the E100 body with a launcher on the top for the V1 flying bomb. Quite a few "plot holes" here, like why would you expend the huge resources to produce a totally over armoured launcher for a rocket that should be nowhere near the front lines, and this thing normally needed a huge ramp and rocket assistance to get airborne.

The box is sturdy and totally packed with plastic.

9 plastic sprues in a light grey plastic, one small PE fret, a small sheet of decals (nicely in register), styrene tracks in their own plastic package (to prevent deformation) and an 18 step instruction sheet in pamphlet form on nice glossy paper with a couple of colour scheme suggestions with Ammo of Mig paint numbers called out.

There is a fair amount of redundancy in the sprues, the eagle eyed of you will have noted two top decks and also a separate missile body and fins. The kit shares parts with other E100 kits and also comes with a complete double up of the suspension, one set molded as one, and one set in individual pieces. The individual set is used for the E100 "tank" builds and in those kits comes workable with tiny metal springs. The "enbloc" set will be used for this build. The other missile body and fins is the complete sprue for the Rheintochter surface to air missile, which shares the E100 and launcher in another ModelCollect kit.

There is no Sprue A (I looked this up as was concerned when I couldn't find it), it contains the "turret" pieces for the E100 tank builds. One of the sprues is unlabelled, investigation reveals this was cut off Sprue B at the factory, most likely so it will all fit in the box.

Hopefully this will be a quick "kitchen table" build!
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Bryan Krueger

Re: ModelCollect 1/72 E100 with V1 launcher

Post by Bryan Krueger »

Looks like a fun project.
AKA Maschinen Krueger

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImage

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

Nice choice Adam. Will you be doing a base for it too?

Vincent
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Probably won't do a base, but we'll see! ;)

Building all done, have kept it in sub-assemblies for painting,

The wee doodlebug is nicely represented, 5 pieces, needs a wee bit of sanding but otherwise ready for paint.

The kit comes with a complete engine compartment featuring engine, fuel tanks and radiators. you could leave the rear deck access hatch off if you wanted to display it.

I'm going to busy up the launch rail with a bit of cabling and a few miscellaneous bits and bobs to make it a bit more visually interesting.
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Bryan Krueger

Post by Bryan Krueger »

Add some RATOs to the V1 and that short rail just might work. ;)
AKA Maschinen Krueger

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Was thinking the same. Thought about stacking the V1 on the Rheintochter, but that will look a bit dumb. I think I have some stuff in the spares box that might work.
Completed Campaigns:

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

It's completely absurd and ridiculous and I love it :lol:

Nice start Adam!

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Looks really fun in a weird kind of sense Adam! :lol:

Once upon a time when I was getting back into kit building I built a 72nd scale Maus,... this had smal 35th like dimensions, and the E-100 is again a bit larger than a Maus... :shock: :mrgreen:

I think I have an E-100 in 35th scale here... yes, I can see it without getting up from my chair :lol: . A veritable monster... dwarves the Tiger B next to it...

Best regards

Raoul G: Kunz
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

Managed to solve the V1 issue with the addition of scratch built RATO bottles made from kit sprue and the rocket nozzles from the Rheintochter;

This is where we are at at present;

This is what a pomeranian looks like after 7 weeks of lockdown/isolation and no grooming;

:D
Completed Campaigns:

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

OhmygodthisisacutedogandIdon'tevenlikedogsallthatmuchcatpersonhere!

Errm.. sorry, adult male here! *klicksheels*

Love the launcher more and more, of course it wouldn't work beyond being a pretty impressive and expensive self destruct for the platform once the rocket drops into the ground a couple of meters from the launcher but does it look Thunderbirds-esque only in evil and German (pretty much the same in pop-culture anyway for this time frame :lol: )!

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns: