Dragon Sd. kfz. 250/8

The place to show your latest build taking place whether it be a blog or WIP.
Shawn Ramsey
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: Dragon Sd. kfz. 250/8

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Thanks Bryan. I know is blasphemy for the modelling community but I don't normally build anything to a specific time or place. :roll: :roll:

Further updates. The cabin is finished and primer is applied. Base has been stained and the primer coat on the figures.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

Beautiful detail Shawn. :)

Vincent
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Blasphemy nothing!!!!!

It is well worth praise, superb building

it puts MiniArt to shame

Well done Shaun

Regards

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Thanks Vincent and Steve.

I started painting the figures today. 8-) Like the rest of my modelling I have to try to mind some kind of happy medium. I have to face the reality that I will not ever be able to produce some of the results like many of the great figure painters out there.

For the most part I have been happy with the results I have been able to obtain but there has been a cost.

First and foremost I spend way to much time paining figures. :roll: Secondly because of the time and effort I put into my figures, its had to get motivated to paint them. Hence why I need to find a happy medium. So this time around I will still spend some time painting them but not near as much. I have already painted the faces and this time I left out the eye detail. I will still add highlights and shadows to everything but I really would like to speed up the process.

Wish me luck. :D 8-)

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

I think you are already a great figure painter Shawn. :)

Vincent
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Vincent Power wrote: 27 Aug 2020, 00:03 I think you are already a great figure painter Shawn. :)

Vincent
Thanks alot Vincent

Okay, I spent about 3 to 3.5hrs painting this figure today. Overall I'm very happy. There is some more things that I would like to try to improve especially the face, but I'm going to leave it as is.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Adam Durrant

Post by Adam Durrant »

That is really good for 3.5hrs Shawn, it would take me that long to do the face alone, and even then it would end up looking like the walking dead!
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Steve Hutchinson

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Shawn Ramsey wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 22:15 First and foremost I spend way to much time paining figures. :roll: Secondly because of the time and effort I put into my figures, its hard to get motivated to paint them. Hence why I need to find a happy medium.
Shawn
I know and feel your dilemma Shawn.

I am having to use my hobby desk for work from home, which has killed all motivation to build or paint.

Good start with your figure, hopefully you can hang onto the motivation to get the figures completed

Do you have an August Bank Holiday in the USA?

Regards

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Adam Durrant wrote: 28 Aug 2020, 01:38 That is really good for 3.5hrs Shawn, it would take me that long to do the face alone, and even then it would end up looking like the walking dead!
Thanks Adam. I completely understand. In the past I have spent much longer just to try to get it as good as possible. Im trying to shorten that up this time around.
Steve Hutchinson wrote: 28 Aug 2020, 06:50
Shawn Ramsey wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 22:15 First and foremost I spend way to much time paining figures. :roll: Secondly because of the time and effort I put into my figures, its hard to get motivated to paint them. Hence why I need to find a happy medium.
Shawn
I know and feel your dilemma Shawn.

I am having to use my hobby desk for work from home, which has killed all motivation to build or paint.

Good start with your figure, hopefully you can hang onto the motivation to get the figures completed

Do you have an August Bank Holiday in the USA?

Regards

Steve H
Hopefully your motivation will return Steve. I will get these figures done one way or another. progress has slowed a bit. My mother in law is in the hospital, so my father in low is staying with us. ;)

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

I have about finished the first figure and I thought I took a picture but a did not. This one will have to do.

Dark brown dots were painted using Vallejo 822. I added a few light brown spots with 872.

I got started on the second figure. Same paints for the brown dots and the orange dots were 981 mixed with alittle 872.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage