Italeri IV F/F2/early G

The place to show your latest build taking place whether it be a blog or WIP.
Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Re: Italeri IV F/F2/early G

Post by Philipp Gross »

And now you know why my Tiger isn't finished yet :roll: :lol:

Of course the resin tracks I used on the Panzer III weren't exactly nice either. I suppose the only foolproof but still horribly expensive method is 3D printing workable tracks.

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant
Senior Site Contributor.....

Post by Adam Durrant »

I have been tempted on occasion to buy the MasterClub or AK metal tracks that come pre-assembled. Kind’ve makes me feel like a fraud though....
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Pre assembled tracks shure sound a nice idea honestly, no fraud claims from me! :lol:

I'll be off having a mini-holiday the next four days, so no progress here :? .

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz
~fiat iustitia aut pereat mundus~

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Bryan Krueger

Post by Bryan Krueger »

Those look pretty good. 3 hours isn't too bad considering the amount of work to trim, assemble and glue.
AKA Maschinen Krueger

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImage

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Thanks Bryan :D !
I concur with the time actually, truth be told It took me about as long as the moveable 40cm tracks of the Bronco StuG III E kit... it's just way more fiddly, way harder on the nerves and way more prone to coming apart under even the slightest stress :? :roll: :lol: .

Short version: the AFVClub indie moveable tracks are annoying, don't use them and oh I've got three more sets of them ...anyone interested :lol: :lol: ?

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz who alwyas had continental breakfast in every hotel ever, including ones in England, but English breakfast in one right here in middle of Germany :lol:

Completed Campaigns:

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Okay...confession time:
The track was so extremely busy coming apart at the lightest touch imaginable that I drowned the links in glue (not really, just normal glue for indie links, just felt like it after being so careful the whole time) and put them on the wheels to solidify :lol: ... like regular indie tracks... defeat! :oops: :lol: :oops: :? :roll: :lol:
It's not as if I'd NOT fixed them eventually... but it makes me feel very crappy anyway :roll: .
=>

Best (shameful :oops: :lol: ) regards

Raoul G. Kunz

Completed Campaigns:

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Unbelievably enough I'm almost done with a kit... haven't managed that since.. oh.. 2017? :? :roll: :oops:

Anyhow, here's the F2, it's still lacking the outer return rollers of the upper track run and I needed to add an entire link to the left track (note the pliers fixing it currently while it dries). I also put the last one I did next to it... I think this is a kit built in.. oh.. sometime between 2010 and 2012 I think - looks ludicrously clean, lacks depth... and a jack... that went.. somewhere... :?... ;)

=>

The commander looks l.ike he's been done in cell-shaded animation :lol: ...

Anyway - now the missing outer return rollers, some dust for the track, some other assorted stuff I won't see until I have the photo setup ready and then it's done.. probably sometime next weekend! :D

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz

Completed Campaigns:

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

Well done Raoul. :) You have done a good job with a difficult kit. Have you decided on the next project yet?

Cheers,
Vincent
Completed Campaigns:

Raoul Kunz

Post by Raoul Kunz »

Probably a relaxed DML III... this was far from the optimal "re-entry" kit to be sure :lol: .
Turned out okay-ish... would probably have been better if I'd tackled this whole exercise with some further "experience" (or better "re-experience" :lol: )... I have another Italeri IV from this era and with the etch boni - a H this time, don't know if I want to do it right now to deal with it better since I have the background going or if I want to do the aforementioned relaxed III... I have a couple of those and aside from ignoring most of the options and re-distribute (depending on the photos, if there are some of those available) the tools since no unit in the field apparently ever had the proper factory layout, there shouldn't be much to be done... any suggestions? I have a III N with winter tracks, a J (Trop.), a regular III F, another N with skirts, assorted StuGs... though I'd leave those until I feel more secure again ;) , a J initial, a flame thrower III (Fl.). and a L with Vorpanzer (which is kind of a silly designator since I've yet to see any III L that doesn't feature spaced armour... the L essentially is a J with spaced armour...) ...

So If anyone would like me do a specific one I'm totally open to suggestions. ;)

Anyhow, here's the preview pics for the IV F2 - there will be some corrections, a cleaning with a very mild power AB setting to get rid of some of the dust.... the eventual result will be given to Phillip once he's back from the unconquerable mountain fastnesses of Helvetistan :lol: .

Best regards

Raoul G. Kunz

Completed Campaigns:

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Post by Philipp Gross »

Well done Raoul! I suppose I could add a feature using my various mobile devices but for sanity's sake I'll wait until I have my desktop PC back :lol:

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage