Jagdpanzer IV /70(V) Lang

The place to show your latest build taking place whether it be a blog or WIP.
Dave Johnson

Jagdpanzer IV /70(V) Lang

Post by Dave Johnson »

I started the Tamiya Jagdpanzer kit a few months ago during my lunch hours at work and it got to a stage where I packed in its box and forgot about it. So I thought it would be nice to pull it out and actually finish a half started kit. I actually thinking of making this a practice.. Once I finish a new kit, I have to finish a half started one.. Don't know how long that will last thou! :D

I just received a bunch of Mission Models Paints, so this would be a perfect test bed for me to try them out.

Red Primer went down beautifully and leveled out perfectly! Everything is now dried, and I will give a blast with hairspray.

Philipp Gross
Site Admin/Founder

Re: Jagdpanzer IV /70(V) Lang

Post by Philipp Gross »

Fantastic clean build Dave! :D

The primer has an excellent finish too. What scheme will you add?

Philipp
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Adam Durrant
Senior Site Contributor.....

Post by Adam Durrant »

I have a similar rule as well Dave, if I finish a kit I have to consider completing one of my shelf queens before moving on to a new build...I'm not having much luck :D

Where did you get the Mission Model paints from? BNA? or do we have a NZ supplier?

Adam
I'm a serial kit starter....
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Dave Johnson

Post by Dave Johnson »

Philipp Gross wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 21:46 Fantastic clean build Dave! :D

The primer has an excellent finish too. What scheme will you add?

Philipp
Ah not to sure yet.. I am having a look at the moment at profiles and images on the net. I will need to know soon as I am going to hit it with some Dunkelgelb in a few moments!

Dave Johnson

Post by Dave Johnson »

Adam Durrant wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 22:20 I have a similar rule as well Dave, if I finish a kit I have to consider completing one of my shelf queens before moving on to a new build...I'm not having much luck :D

Where did you get the Mission Model paints from? BNA? or do we have a NZ supplier?

Adam
I really need to I have so many half start kits its starting to get out of control, or there are going to be some $1 Builder speicals on Trade Me!

I got the Mission Paints directly from Mission Models. But there is a supplier in Australia. Shipping is AUS$19 up to 36 bottles.

Dave Johnson

Post by Dave Johnson »

Dunkelgelb is now down.. And I really need to decide on a scheme.... Paint again went down really well, thou it did crack in a small area, but it was due to the wet paint activating the Hairspray, Another coat over it sorted it and you couldn't see anything. Really impressed and happy with the Mission Paints.

Mark Aldrich

Post by Mark Aldrich »

WooHoo! Another lunch time builder and another Jagdpanzer. Mine is still like number 3 in the finishing pile. I just finished the Magach and working the JS-3M. Yours is looking great so far.
Cry Havoc and let slip the Dogs of War
TreadHead is NOT an ugly word

Completed Campaigns:

Dave Johnson

Post by Dave Johnson »

Having issues finding a scheme... So I think I am going to make this easy and do Scheme A from the kit.. I know boring! But since I don't have much reference material and Google isn't providing much help either. So Scheme A is 322, 655th Heavy Anti Tank Battalion, Western Front Dec 1944.

Bryan Krueger

Post by Bryan Krueger »

Dave,

There are some options from Montex Masks:

http://www.montex-mask.com/en/ofertaSho ... _mask_1_35

AKA Maschinen Krueger

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImage

Dave Johnson

Post by Dave Johnson »

I saw those, but the nearest place that has them in stock would be 10-14 days away.. I'm on a roll getting things done on this, so I decided to keep on going with it and use the Tamiya scheme.. I could build another some other time! :lol:

Using the Tamiya paint guide, I started penciling in the camo lines for the green...

I had a few issues with my airbrush for some reason and I couldn't get the fine tight lines like I normally do, so I played around brush painting the Mission paint on the side and top to fix a couple areas. Paint brushed on nicely straight from the bottle. Will touch up these areas with the Airbrush once the Brown is on..