Bronco Sd.Kfz. 6 - Dual Blog with Shawn Ramsey

The place to show your latest build taking place whether it be a blog or WIP.
Rob Matthews

Re: Bronco Sd.Kfz. 6 - Dual Blog with Shawn Ramsey

Post by Rob Matthews »

Fabulous work Shawn :D :D

This will be my Close down thread. And first off I have to say what a pleasure it's been working with Shawn. He started this when his mojo was depleted though you wouldn't think so seeing his Sumptuous diorama. He's really hit form :D 8-) :P. He spurred me on when my progress flagged and considering the blog started back in Model Armour days it has the dubious distinction of spanning 2 sites.

I'm pleased we have finally managed to deliver this Dual Blog - I'm conscious that not all do.

Here are my dio pics - I went for a rather more simple background than Shawn :? :!: ;)

I'm increasingly coming to enjoy the presenting the vehicle model, seeking a minimal background, partly because I lose interest as the build progresses beyond a certain time and partly because I just don't have the space to store large dio pieces.

Close down Summary

Bronco Sd.Kfz.6 Mittlerer Zugkraftwagen 5t Pionier Version : As with all the Bronco kits I've built fit is generally excellent. Don't forget to increase the front wheelbase by 1mm each side. The Tilt or tarp needs considerable whittlling and filing internally to get it to fit. However once fitted it transforms the vehicle.

Mig Ammo paints: Are superb. Mig has decreed that there was a green colour used early war for Waffen SS and Polizei units and who am I to disagree. It certainly adds a variety to the normal Panzer-grey appearance of early war vehicles. Only Ammo paints were used and they perform without pain or problem

Figures: The 2 camo-smocked figures are from "German Fighting Elite in the east" and are superb. The standing driver figure holding the engine side is from the "Operation Marita" set which is poor and in all honesty best avoided.
Camo colours

Platenmuster Spring: (all Vallejo Model Color)

825 SS Pale Brown
833 German Camouflage Bright Green
822 GErman Camo Black Brown

Platenmuster Autumn

Base
825 SS Pale Brown 1
944 Old Rose 2
306 Dark Rubber 1/2
(use Light rubber for the washed out look e.g helmet cover)
Spots
983 Flat Earth
981 Orange Brown
822 German Cam Black Brown

Base

Great North Roads - Plaster - cheap and so effective. I mix a water slurry with pigments - paint on and then remove with a wet kitchen towel 30mins later

So that's a sign off from me - I expect Shawn is going to add a piece. Thanks to all who've looked by, encouraged and participated.

Rob
Modelling the mundane

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Shawn Ramsey
Senior Site Contributor.....

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

First off I want to say well done Rob. You have a great finish there.

I also want to thank Rob for inviting me to join his blog. It was a lot of fun. I was in a slump when he invited me to join and once I got going things just got going again. Although this does seem to be a re-occurring problem for me. Been in another slump lately. :roll:

Close Down Summary

The Sd Kfz 6/2 Flak 36 from Bronco is a great kit. No major fit issues and it was fun to build. I really enjoyed it. The Trailer is also from Bronco and was also a great kit.

The figures were from Dragon 6695. Over all the molding was really good but I did replace the heads with offerings from Hornet. My only complaint with this kit was it only came with two tent sections instead of the four needed to have a complete tent. I was able to get measurement of these sections to make my own tent out of foil.

The base was built up with foam and covered with plaster cloth. Bass wood was used for the frame and just stained. Grass was just simple static grass sizes from 4mm-12mm different tones.

Shrubs and trees were really easy to make. The shrubs were from The Scenic Factory sprayed with Photo Matt adhesive and super leaf flock from Scenic Express was applied for leaves. The trees were saplings from The Scenic Factory with Sea Foam glued on for branches and the same Leaf material was used from the shrubs.

Thanks everyone who followed along and til the next time. :D

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Greg Beckman
Site Contributor..
Site Contributor..

Post by Greg Beckman »

Great stuff guys. Love the diorama....fabulous ground cover. Rob, I know you really painted that half track in 4BO. :lol:
Gregovich (Greg)

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

Fantastic work from both of you. Just brilliant. Love the groundwork and the weathering. Top notch stuff. :D

Cheers,
Vincent
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage