Bronco Sd.Kfz. 6 - Dual Blog with Shawn Ramsey

The place to show your latest build taking place whether it be a blog or WIP.
Steve Hutchinson
Senior Site Contributor.....

Re: Bronco Sd.Kfz. 6 - Dual Blog with Shawn Ramsey

Post by Steve Hutchinson »

Hi Shawn

Great work and Rob has it right, its the eyes, they are just right, and I know what you mean, I have been doing so much figure work this year and catching up with my Pz IV's I haven't even started a tank or tracked or wheeled anything for the whole of this year, but it has been great fun and it doesn't feel I have missed out on anything.

You guys keep blogging such great builds, I don't feel that I have lost touch and can still enjoy the bits that are really keeping me focused on being creative.

I think the GB will be the 2014 build for me, and even if its a Sherman, I am really looking forward to it.

Great work and I am looking forward to your input and what you use for your inspiration.

Great figures Shawn :D

Steve H
""I need to be creative, to feel ALIVE!""

Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Steve- Those figures you did with the Pz 1 were really really good. I think you said a friend painted one but your other one and the heads were good.

I broke my cardnial rule about not painting eyes with these guys and they did come out alright.

It just takes practice when it come to painting figures. I did not start until about 4 years ago and I think I have painted around 30 now.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Edmund Forsythe

Post by Edmund Forsythe »

Rob Matthews wrote:I'm here!!!

Agree about the SB Shawn - that is just seriously showing off :D :D Excellent!

You've cracked the eye pupils - Wow Man -Huge respect - talk about dragging the standard up - I'm gonna have to work harder :|

Ed - you are quite right - Terry Ashley points it out - they are noticeably too narrow - I mentioned it in the "Old" blog over on MA.
I'll cover my solution when I get around to returning to the build.

Rob
1 mm in 1/35 is 3.5 cm so in real life should come out to 2. Something inches , your alignment will be messed up and the vehicle will have tire wear . Not that it matters I just could not get that out of my head .

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Edmund Forsythe wrote:
Rob Matthews wrote:I'm here!!!

Agree about the SB Shawn - that is just seriously showing off :D :D Excellent!

You've cracked the eye pupils - Wow Man -Huge respect - talk about dragging the standard up - I'm gonna have to work harder :|

Ed - you are quite right - Terry Ashley points it out - they are noticeably too narrow - I mentioned it in the "Old" blog over on MA.
I'll cover my solution when I get around to returning to the build.

Rob
1 mm in 1/35 is 3.5 cm so in real life should come out to 2. Something inches , your alignment will be messed up and the vehicle will have tire wear . Not that it matters I just could not get that out of my head .
Well it is a very good thing that this is a plastic model and not the real thing, cause we might have issues at that point. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

As promised here are some of the best references on painting figures with acrylics I have found.

And here are some additional links to some great online tutorials. Now obvioulsy there are many more out there but here are a couple I have used.

First off is Andy Evans. I'm sure most of you are familiar with his work but if not here is one link. His painting is just amazing. He no longer blogs on MM but if you google him you can find several pieces of his work.

http://www.militarymodelling.com/forums ... p?th=90077

Next up is Dave Youngquist with Last Cavalry TV. I had a chance to meet and talk with Dave at the IPMS convention. It was a pleasure to meet him.

In the upper left hand corner of the sceen is the playlist. He has about 20 videos posted from figures to armour.(I will not be held responsible for many hours you will watch these videos. 8-) :lol:

http://shop.lastcavalry.com/last-cavalry-tv-1/

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

John Hale

Post by John Hale »

Great!! Thanks for the links Shawn. I met Dave at a show in Dayton Ohio, pretty much hung out all weekend. He's a very nice fellow.

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

I decided the next thing to attempt to make was the Zeltbahn Tent.

I started with plastic card for the basic shape. (took this pic with my phone and when I resized it this is what I got) :oops: But you get the idea.

Then using lead foil I cut out the four sides and place it over the plastic. I am only going to leave it slightly open because I don't want to have to paint camo on the inside.

Still more detail work but at this point I am very happy with the results. The figure is not being used. Just there for the pic.

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Vincent Power

Post by Vincent Power »

The tent looks great Shawn, It'll come up really well under some paint. I have to agree with all the others on your figures too. They are spectacular. :)

Cheers,
Vincent
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Shawn Ramsey

Post by Shawn Ramsey »

Thanks Vincent

Started painting some ammo cans and other bits. Since the Halftrack in German Grey I painted these in different shades of green with a few grey.

Finally after messing with photobucket for 30 minutes here is the pick. I hate Photo bucket. :evil:

Shawn
Completed Campaigns:
ImageImage

Justin Wooding

Post by Justin Wooding »

Really nice work Shawn, that tent looks great!
Woody...

Trying hard to do some modeling!